STAGE 1 - POLICIES FOR CLIENTS
EFFECTIVE FROM 1st January, 2021
We at the Maraboon Vet Surgery Blackwater are committed to operating as a responsible essential service during the Covid-19 outbreak. We wish to reassure all of our clients that we have implemented these new policies so we can continue to care for your pets, whilst minimising the risk of spread for our staff and clients. We understand that this may cause a slight inconvenience for some, however our main goal is to continue offering a high standard of veterinary services within a safe environment, during this stressful time.
PRIOR TO BOOKING:
- If you have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 or are feeling unwell, ring us to discuss how we can manage your unwell pet
- If you have travelled internationally or interstate in the last 14 days, please call us to discuss how we can manage your unwell pet
- Online bookings will be accepted during these Stage 1 procedures
- Payment can be made via cash or via EFTPOS/Credit Card. Receipts can be emailed to you upon your request.
LIMITED CONTACT POLICY:
- Wherever possible, MVSB is committed to a ‘Covid-19 limited contact policy’ to protect our staff, clients and community. We encourage all clients to limit the number of additional personnel accompanying them.
- We will still be offering a valet drop-off service for those that do not wish to enter the practice and/or are at higher risk or immunocompromised.
UPON ARRIVAL – ALL APPOINTMENTS
- Please enter our practice with caution. You may be asked to wait outside if there are too many persons in the reception area.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available upon entry into our building.
- Please exercise good social distancing while in our practice.
VALET SERVICE DROP-OFF
- Upon arrival, STAY IN YOUR CAR and call our clinic (074843 5099) to let us know you have arrived and that you would like the valet service. We will transfer you to a nurse who will then come collect your animal straight from your car. Please remain waiting in your car and be patient with us (as there may be extended wait times as these admission procedures take more time than usual).
- ALL DOGS MUST BE ON A LEAD & ALL CATS MUST BE IN A CARRIER
- For quick appointments, you can wait in your car and we will bring your pet back to your car when the treatment is finished.
- If a more in-depth appointment is required, you will be given an estimated time frame and a tentative pickup up time. We will call or text you when your pet is ready to be collected.
- Our staff will have to clean your pet’s lead or cat carrier with hospital disinfectant solutions upon returning back into the clinic.
- Please ensure you have your phone on you at all times as a nurse or vet will be in contact with you to discuss your pet, over the phone.
VALET SERVICE PICKUP
- Please call reception (0749876800) from your car when you have arrived back at the practice. Payment can be made via cash (using our sterile cash box system) or via EFTPOS/Credit Car (we will bring our sterile terminal out to you). Receipts can be emailed to you upon your request.
- A nurse will bring your pet back out to your car.
We apologise for any inconvenience, but we are committed to protecting our staff and community during this difficult time.